Friday, June 14, 2013

Cough Tea Miracle

6/14/12

So excited, my roomie came home today & told me that I have a new client. It is a patient of his, who has has a horrific deep bronchial cough for a long time now, and can't seem to kick it. He had brought the tea I made him to work, and heated some up, and offered it to her. She drank it, and as he told me, her cough miraculously "just stopped". He said she was really impressed, yes in those words. Wow! What a great feeling! So she wants to buy my cough tea formula. Oh My God!! Well, thank god I had documented the formula, since I throw together teas all of the time without writing down the herbs I put in them. I will be sure to document every tea from now on. So.. now I just have to figure out how to distribute the tea. This was ironically something my roomie & I had discussed yesterday. How to distribute the teas. So, I have two options as I see it. One is, I can use the muslin cloth tea bags I bought at The Organic Grocers and fill each one with enough tea for a cup, or I can give her a large bag filled with the loose tea and a tea infuser ball. He said she had been suffering on and off for years with this cough, and had even left New Mexico in the summertime because her allergies got so bad from the pollen that time of year.
For those who haven't read the dry cough tea post, this was the tea she had drank. It's:

1. Echinacea - it fights colds, flu & viruses, general antibiotic, immune system booster which helps combat allergies.
2. Oregon Grape - used in the place of Goldenseal oftentimes, as Goldenseal has become an "endangered herb", it is also immune boosting, virus fighting, antibiotic herb, helps combat allergies.
3. Licorice - mucilagenous herb (coats the throat, and pretty much anything it touches) and is good for bronchitial issues
4. Anise - Recommended for coughs
5. Mullein - good for upper resperatory infections and asthma
6. Black Cohosh - good for asthma
7. Plantain - mucilagenous herb, coats the throat
8. Ginger Root - good for circulation & anti-bacterial.

It's best to use an organic raw honey if possible to sweeten, since that coats your throat and has curative characteristics due to it's homeopathic constituents. Plainly put, it serves as a natural vaccine for several common outdoor allergies.
But if you don't have honey, no worries: This tea is incredibly sweet naturally due to the licorice and anise. It's good either way!



No comments:

Post a Comment