Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Herb Journal: Elder Flower

What I first noticed about elder flower, aside from the unique and beautiful deep golden tone of the tea, matching the color of the little tiny dried flowers, is that it tastes minty to me. That was a bit of a shocker. But well for whatever reason I had associated Elder with something relaxing and calming, it seemed to follow suit. It's just that we always seem to associate mint flavor with the color green. It is a really pleasant tasting tea. Happy about that. It's a cold day, I feel stressed out, and this tea is gentle and relaxing, kind of comforting, and grounding. Something about it is reassuring me that everything is going to be okay. To stop thinking so much, let life just happen, release, let go, and while you are so busy worrying about this and that, you forgot to realize that actually... everything is completely okay. The following sips made me aware of a nutty flavor, and then a slightly sweet, caramel like flavor, maybe a bit smokey. Wow, this is a really beautiful tea. I am also feeling a serious mellowing effect. It might be possible just that I haven't had a warm tea in a while, and since its been pretty cold out, the soothing nature of a warm tea is simply irreplaceable. But I have to say, this is a decadent tea, that can be drank for pleasure and it's just plain warmth and yummyness, than for this or that acute situation. This could be a daily for me. I'm happy to have experienced it. There is a light, sunshiny vibe to it, which goes along with its sun-shiny yellow color. I wonder if somehow, in some way, the color of an herb can also have an impact on its energetics. This is an uplifting, sensual tea, and the sun is, well uplifting and sensual.. and yellow, like the elderflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment