Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Herb Journal: Yucca

Yucca has a light uplifting nuance. It is soft on the tongue and the tastebuds, and hearty as well. It is, afterall, a nutritive plant, as it is something that is eaten in several different places in the world, as a staple carbohydrate. The tea feels like it's rich in vitamins and minerals. Like a liquid meal. The taste is kind of sweet but refreshing. It's sudsy, which is kind of funny, because it makes it look as if its carbonated. But its this fizz that made it something that has been used (along with the fibers that can scrub things to clean) as a soap and shampoo, as well as just a basic cleanser for what have you. Energetically it lifts my spirits, makes me feel literally lighter. My mood is brighter and my problems less menacing. Suddenly the sun looks brighter, my day looks longer (in a good, productive way) and I feel more sound, altogether. Probably because I didn't eat much today, the yucca helped my body by integrating its nutritive value, protein, beta carotene... and perhaps the pain killing/anti-inflammatory benefits of even its small amount of salicin helped the headache I've been fighting the past few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment