Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Herb Journal: Red Clover

Well, Red Clover, since we are drinking it with stems and leaves, still comes out a green color. But the taste is really mild and sweet and uplifting. This is a good tea for a cold night under the covers reading a book. Its extremely nutritive, and gives you an overall sense of well-being. I think that because Red Clover is so backed with nutrients and is also a fantastic detoxifier, it just makes you feel good. Plus, since it is a big fertility herb, I see it very much as a great plant for women, and helps to balance your mood, while clearing heat and cooling your moods/emotions/senses/and overall constitution. Nutrients it contains are numerous: calcium, magnesium, chromium, potassium, thiamine, iron, vitamins C and K. Therefore, this is not only a yummy, cooling, relaxing, drink, a good one for stress and overexciteability, but it gives your body some nourishment. I don't see where you can go wrong. To me, whenever I have female issues I think of red clover and red raspberry. Maybe the fact that they both have the word red in them? They are both great female tonics. Like a warm blanket covering me when I am cold, wet and shivering like a baby seal in the arctic. Hmmm, maybe this increases my creativity as well, because all of a sudden, I am thinking more abstractly. This is comforting to me, I have been obsessing over something that doesn't serve my best interests for far too long. Time to take a load off. Red clover, you always make me better :). I don't want to leave out the possibility that my hormones are just off balance, and red clover may be a good balancer. i was on birth control that was strictly progesterone for almost a decade. Perhaps the phyotoestrogen formonenetin that red clover contains is something my body lacks a proper amount of. could be.. just sayin. The aftertaste of this tea is like honey. Soothing, and lax, like I just listened to The Cowboy Junkies version of Sweet Jane on repeat for a matter of hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment